You control the picture
Name Termonfeckin Castle County Louth Nearest Town Drogheda Access Road R166 About Termonfeckin Castle is a 15th or 16th century tower-house of 3 storeys, and with good trefoil headed windows.
Its most unusual feature is the excellent corbelled roof (in the same technique as the Newgrange chamber roof, 4,000 years older) which is on the third storey.
The famous antiquarian Ussher lived nearby for some time.
It was repaired by Captain Brabazon in 1641.
A bawn with rounded turret, which belonged to the castle, has disappeared.
High Cross: In the graveyard of St.
Fechin’s Church is a small High Cross with a winged figure above the Crucifixion on the east face, and Christ in Glory on the west face; the rest of the cross is covered in interlacing and geometrical patterns.
At the foot of the corss is a slab with a Crucifixion scene (probably 16th century) and nearby is the base of another cross.
Built into the porch of the church is a stone with an inscription which reads ‘A prayer for Ultan and Dubthach who made this stone fort’.